Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Monday 28 February 2011

Daisy 500


This is my dearly loved 1971 Fiat 500 L, I called her Daisy and she was 'Positano' yellow.  She was hard to find, overpriced but absolutely charming. My husband warned me not to sell her as I would miss her too much and he was entirely right.  She wasn’t very reliable but boy did she give me moments of great happiness.  She had a sound system that drowned the battery and in rainy London that’s a real bore, especially when you live 10 miles out of the city.  She wasn’t the safest thing either for today’s roads and she would not have fared well here with the crazy drivers and giga-trucks, just the thought of it makes me shiver!  Nonetheless I miss her lifting my mood as soon as I sat in the ‘deluxe’ black vinyl seats and the way she made people smile on the way– how often does that happen in London?



1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd known about Daisy - I'd happily have car-sat for you... These little characters always make me smile, so I'd have been one of those gawking from the pavement as you whizzed by...
    Enjoying the blog, keep it up!
    Piers xx

    ReplyDelete