Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Sunday 6 February 2011

Ebay finds


 Strawberry Leaf
 Suffolk Leaf
I love sifting through EBay looking for textiles and it’s become quite a habit of mine over the last two years.  It all started with my affection for Fortuny prints and loving a good find.  I haven’t found a nice bit of Fortuny as yet.  It is very rare to find pieces in Europe and in the US they are vastly overpriced.  I refuse to buy a remnant for $30 from someone else's sample library, that’s just rude!  I have however found out of print gorgeousness like the long discontinued Colefax and Fowler Strawberry Leaf and George Spencer’s Suffolk Leaf.  The later is still being printed but on a linen ground and has been re-coloured a lovely plum and lime green colour way.
I have enough Suffolk Stripe for a single headboard with, I think, a coral bed valance contrast bound in mouse’s back, ideal for a small guest bed with horizontal Tongue and Groove walls.  The Strawberry leaf will cover my soon to be IKEA Patrik desk chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment