Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Sunday 6 February 2011

La Gazelle D'Or

 Tented Ceiling in the Dining Room
Some ten years or so ago I stayed at the Gazelle D'Or in Taroudant, Morocco.  Whilst there I snapped a few pictures of what I thought was wonderfully 'undecorated' decoration.  I have kept the memory of the Gazelle close, it is a wonderfully peaceful place, the food is sublime, the service discreet and impeccable.  I am thrilled to see the decoration remains.  A triumph in this day of the uber-trendy nothingness of so many other establishments.  The Gazelle does not need to try and impress anyone, she is who she is, 'she puts her purple hat on and just goes out to have fun with the world'. I will visit again, soon I hope.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment