Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Tuesday 1 March 2011

John Fowler Special Prints

Sibyl Colefax & John Fowler prints
From top to bottom: Strawberry leaf, long discontinued and featured on a previous post, Dalmation also no longer, Old Rose still current, Bees can be ordered as a 'special' print as can the Venetian Blind fabric and to my mind well, well worth it.  They will even custom colour and offer a variety of ground cloths.  I believe Nicky Haslam recently brought out his own version of Venetian Blind called Shutter Stripe in some wonderfully misty colours including mauve - couleur du jour!  This image is from the fabulous Martin Wood book 'John Fowler - Prince of Decorators'

No comments:

Post a Comment