Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Friday 18 March 2011

Tiles, Ceramics and Stoneware


Last year, on another assignment to find tiles I came across the collection of one of my favourite British designers Neisha Crosland.  Her collection in collaboration with De Ferranti of handmade and handpainted glazed terracotta tiles, some based on her well established fabric and wallpaper designs, have a beautiful aged and dry finish with wonderful dusty colours.
Neisha Crosland's Navajo Collection at De Ferranti

More tile designs from Neisha Crosland
 Another great US find, discovered recently, is Ann Sacks and her Zig Zag encaustic tiles, one of many many fabulous designs


John Stefanidis scheme above as featured in House & Garden June 2010 with hand painted Douglas Watson Studio geometric tiles

Tangiers tiles from the Douglas Watson Studio
1930's Villeroy & Bosch stoneware vase at 1st Dibs

No comments:

Post a Comment