Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Thursday 10 March 2011

Palm Panorama

I don't usually like to re-post from someone else's blog but as this is such a fine example of 21st century American decorating I could not resist. Tom Scherrer has created a beautiful mural of Palm trees on what appears to be a choc brown ground for the Lyford Cay Club, I thank the peak of chic for featuring it.
  
from Town & Country magazine
 Ashley Hicks painted the Frangipani mural himself, World of Interiors Jan 2011
   
Frangipani mural
Panoramics are clearly back in and of course no one does them better than Zuber et Cie or De Gournay 

Deco Monkeys by De Gournay

The monkeys are not a panoramic but totally charming nonetheless and a great example of De Gournay's quality
Finally and not to be missed are the vintage sets of murals from Sanderson as discovered by wallpaper designer Georgia Horton, above is the Kew Gardens panoramic as featured in House & Garden Feb 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment