Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Wednesday 9 March 2011

Paint & Paint

After much agonising I have decided to paint our Ikea Linnarp cupboard in a purply brown Manganese sort of colour. Farrow & Ball's Brinjal is perfect but not available here.  Of course I can have the colour matched by Ace or even choose from the Jotun range, which is not bad at all, but I just can't stand the high level of fumes, I hate paint odour at the best of times and in particular when painting in high gloss as this will be.  So I resort to my least favourite range Dulux with Maraschino Mocha 2 and considerable lower odour.  It looks good in the tin and on paper but who knows.. A little less red than Brinjal but that could be the print matter of the colour card as Dulux colours tend to have more red/pink hues in them anyway.  Back home my all time favourite paint colours are Sanderson, the best off whites, neutrals and light colours, followed by Papers and Paints, grumpy staff but they really know their stuff, Farrow and Ball, the colours are spot on and decisions can be made very quickly as they are true to sample and always come out beautifully.  I have sometimes used Paint Library but not often, the colours look very good but somehow not my first choice, can't quite understand why; I do however love their papers.
Farrow and Balls'Brinjal
Dulux

No comments:

Post a Comment