Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Monday 28 March 2011

Amazing Creatures

 Sadly as there are no quirky antique or vintage shops here of the kind that are found in the US and UK I window shop every other day on 1st Dibs. Here is my selection from the 'Wild Kingdom' search along with Porta Romana's 24 carat Duck Feet lamp which fits in so well here.  Note the Goose Feather shade!

20th Century pair of Verdigris seahorse shaped lamps, limited edition from a 1940's design, at Linda Horn via 1st Dibs 



24 Carat Gold Leaf
Limited Edition Duck Feet Lamp with
Goose Feather shade at Porta Romana
Pair of Boxed Rainbow Tiger Lobsters, USA 1980's at Gustavo Olivieri via 1st Dibs

A Syrian carved sandalwood table modeled as standing camel with an hour-glass shaped table top 1880's, Kentshire Galleries at 1st Dibs

A large floor standing head and shoulders of a Giraffe, Africa, early 20th Century at Jamb via 1st Dibs, over 8ft tall


Charming Seated Camel Stool, USA, mid 20th Century at Regan and Smith via 1st Dibs

No comments:

Post a Comment