Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Saturday 25 June 2011

Golden Lady

From the latest issue of US Elle Decor: 
“Gold is the new silver,” says New York designer Robert Couturier “In the West, silver and grays, blacks, and dark colors have long influenced design. That’s changing.”

I particularly like the work of Nancy Lorenz for William Sofield at this Gucci Cafe in Ginza, Japan, it has something of the Ruhlmann about it, a superb example of great talent brought together to produce, to my mind, exquisite and lasting quality of design.  This image from Elle Decor


More sublime Nancy Lorenz images below, from her website
Commission the Ambani Residence, Mumbai, gold leaf, silver leaf,mother of pearl inlay on panel, 15' x 19', 2009
Reclining Buddha gold leaf, copper, pigment on panel, 8" x 10", 2010



New York Studio shot, no title but possibly my favourite

No comments:

Post a Comment