Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Monday 13 June 2011

I am not a fan of anything-prylene outdoors furniture, in fact I passionately dislike it.  Just like most things that seem like a good idea in the beginning they are sometimes overdone and badly reproduced to lose all of the appeal of their beginning.  Instead there is such fabulous outdoors furniture, often from America, that it seems a shame for everyone to want a) dark brown b) cheap basket type furniture that often looks overcrowded on small balconies, like a stuffed can of sardines.

Mc Kinnon Harris Chaise

Mc Kinnon Harris Pharr bench
McKinnon Duval chair and Wyatt table

Instead I am a huge fan of Mc Kinnon Harris who's aluminum furniture is beautifully crafted an will withstand pretty much anything as they are produced for both garden and yacht.  Their sumptuous colour palette also banishes boring dark brown, a lethal combination with sand to begin with.

On the antiques front Talisman  have a series of American 1960's spun aluminium pieces pictured below, I have been drooling over for some time, I find them utterly charming and love them together with one of my favourite Galbraith and Paul prints.


 And for ultra modern furniture with staying power I love Brown Jordan's Cloud 9 lounger below


And Gaze Burwill below here



No comments:

Post a Comment