Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Friday 3 June 2011

Basket Case

Time of year for picnics and baskets, well perhaps not here as the heat works its way to 50 C but perhaps inspiration for summer retreats and dreamy places to nap away a sunny afternoon

Cabane Derives, Domaines des Ormes, near the coast of St Malo in France with breakfast brought to you at 9am, see more at www.lacabaneenlair.com


 Houseboats of Kerala, see more here


Patrick Dougherty's whimsical installations,see more at www.stickwork.net

And finally, the Basket House, home to the offices of the Longaberger firm of basketmakers in Newark Ohio.  You probably can't stay there, let alone nap, except maybe on the lawn, but it is a dream, an American dream, and a proper basket to carry the picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment