Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Tuesday 10 May 2011

Emerald Cut and Mushy Peas

Greens are still going strong, emerald and pea greens in particular.  I believe John Fowler used to say all greens go together. So glad as I am firmly holding on to my citrus green armchair, it will just need an emerald green cushion.

Z stool by Ashley Hicks

The Right of Spring collection by Jim Thompson
Lalique Languedoc Vase




Emerald Green Chinese Cabinet Inset With Antique Gilt Panels, China, Circa 1950, at Assemblage, see it on 1st Dibs
 

For good measure a few more palm trees, Island Palm fabric at Quadrille

Olive Green Jade Gloss tile at Limestone Gallery
Malachite Tile at Limestone Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment