Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Friday 8 April 2011

Little Gems from the V&A

 Nothing like referring to the past for inspiration and these could easily be re-invented for today; From the Victoria and Albert Museum Textile Collection



Bedcover hand spun and woven dark red cotton embroidered in silk and gilt thread 
This cover was made by one of China's national minority peoples, probably one from the south or west of China.


Turkish 1800-1875, Towel or Napkin Border

Turkish hanging, Ottoman embroidery 1600-1699, silk and linen thread of pomegranates and tulips


No comments:

Post a Comment