Philosophy of the Tent:

The best decorating and design takes inspiration from what was once done before. Whether it is in architecture, antiques, art, it all stems from a mix of inspiration and knowledge. I believe it is a duty to pass on and share the knowledge, and by no means do I think I have great knowledge, in fact the more I know the less I know.
This blog is a way not to forget what I have learned and what was kindly passed onto to me by a great many fascinating people. I thank you all.


Saturday 22 September 2012

2012 New Collections - Mood Indigo

My pick, in the most humble sense, of favourite Decorex et al 2012 new collections. 
Indigo predominates as it has the last few years

Of course Fermoie is my absolute favourite of the year but it deserves its own post. 
a) because its ravishing and I want to wrap myself and my home in it and b) because my samples have not yet arrived.  This is no fault of theirs but rather because I chose snail mail, via London, in the fear of being turned down for a direct delivery here. 
You see, suppliers of particularly good fabrics don't like sending samples to 'unknowns' here where everything, absolutely everything gets copied.
Don't blame them at all, the stories I could tell, you have no idea...

Christopher Farr Scaffold
Christopher Farr Breakwater
William Yeoward Albariza

William Yeoward Castlewrey Navy

William Yeoward Penhaggon Navy

Left: Olivia Right: Teresa, both Elanbach

Zoffany Diamonds and Flowers aubergine




No comments:

Post a Comment